Thursday, August 11, 2011

So Many Changes, It's Time to Prepare!

Working at my Alma Mater has been an amazing experience.  I've had the opportunity to work with people I've know for years and work on a campus that I already know like the back of my hand.  After many years of consistency, HHS welcomes a new head principal, two new assistant principals, a new department head for Social Studies, our schedule is changing to traditional, and on top of all that, I am now moving to a new classroom!  YIKES!  So many changes for this new school year!  But I'm up for the challenge and I know that change is for the best.  I'm excited to see what this new school year holds and I'm doing all that I can to prepare for the future! 

"For tomorrow belongs to the
people who prepare for it today."

So, as we are nearing inservice, I have been working on setting up my new classroom.  I have had a lot to do and my list is only getting longer.  I'll be uploading pictures of my room as it undergoes "transformation!"  Let me know what you think! 

I wish all of you luck as you begin the 2011-2012 school year!! Enjoy! 


So far, I've only moved the student desks.  10 desks still needed.




I've come to the decision that my desk will be in the back, center.  I'm making progress!




I've found a spot for my book shelf, table, and lamp.




 One board done!  I broke it up into 3 boards.  Over the past years, I have posted several maps around the room but when it comes to testing, I need to cover up a lot of stuff.  This might be the only map I put up this year.  On the left in blue, I'll be posting "NEWS" in the classroom such as upcoming quiz/test dates and homework assignments.  I haven't decided what I'll do with the orange section.  Any suggestions? 



Because reading and writing are very important in all areas of study, this year I added a spot on the wall that can be used as a reference when writing research papers.  The black giraffe section will be for my objectives.  Which reminds me, I need to type, print, & laminate all of the new World Geo TEKS.




 The green section you see below will be my official "WORD WALL"




 And finally, my office space.  As you can already see, this is where I display the priceless masterpieces that my daughters create.  When I pick them up from Pre-School, they usually bring home some kind of artwork and say, "Mommy, look what I made for your classroom!" 


More to come so keep coming back!!
Remember to sign in so you can follow this blog and get updates to your email!


3 comments:

A. Sharpe said...

Bulletin board looks good!

Kinder Fun said...

Cute!

Linda Salinas said...

Thanks! I've done a lot since. I need to post more pictures soon.

Post a Comment